At Legacy Dental, infection control has always been a top priority. Your dental care is both comfortable and safe due to the infection control processes we use. Below, we’re going to explain the new infection control procedures we will be following in our practice. They’re designed to keep our patients and staff safe during dental procedures in this unprecedented time.
Rest assured that our office meets or exceeds all infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We’re careful to stay up-to-date on any new guidance or rulings they issue. We do this to ensure that our infection control procedures adhere to each of these agencies’ current recommendations.
What We’re Doing to Protect You From Covid-19
- Our HVAC system has been upgraded to MERV 13 standards. Our office spaces, including all patient rooms and common areas, have dedicated HEPA filtration.
- We’re managing appointments to allow for social distancing between patients. By increasing the time between patients, we’re reducing waiting times for you, as well as decreasing the number of patients entering the office at any one time.
- There are new protective shields installed at the front desk to minimize the risk of virus transmission between patients and our front office team.
- All high-touch surfaces throughout the office are disinfected on an hourly basis. We also do extra sanitizing whenever we observe a surface being touched.
- We’re sorry, but there are no longer any magazines, children’s toys, etc. in our waiting room. This is for everyone’s safety since those items are particularly difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We maintain hospital-grade sterilization of all our dental instruments and devices. In addition to autoclaves, we use a SciCan Hydrim automated washer. We’ve always exceeded CDC guidelines for sterilization of our instruments.
What You Need to Know Before You Arrive
We are currently open and rest assured, our dental practice is doing everything we can to meet the highest standards of safety in the face of the current health situation. During these next few weeks of opening, we’ve instituted some new procedures to ensure extra safety for both our patients and our staff.
Our Covid-19 Protocol
- We’ll send you a brief Covid-19 questionnaire to fill out the day before your appointment. Please complete this before your appointment.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to allow additional time for Covid-19 screening
- Once you arrive for your appointment, please remain in your vehicle. Call or send us a text and we’ll send someone out to meet you. That team member will give you a mask, take your temperature, and ask you the Covid-19 screening questions again.
- Unless our patient is a child or otherwise needs a caregiver, the patient is the only person who will be allowed into the office.
- Everyone entering the building will be asked to wear a mask when not in your patient room. We also ask that you use hand sanitizer both when entering the office and again when leaving your patient room.
- You’ll be given a pre-procedural rinse to decrease any bacteria and viruses in your mouth.
- We’ll provide a comfortable mouthpiece to wear during treatment. This Dry Shield device helps decrease the moisture and aerosolized droplets that are so common during dental procedures.
What to Expect for the Future
Our goal is to provide safe and effective dental treatment for you while also keeping our staff safe and healthy. We’ll share any new information with you as it becomes available. Please contact us if you have additional questions or concerns.