Dental Anxiety Management
Dental anxiety is common and is nothing to be embarrassed of. Our entire staff enjoys helping patients work through their fears to get them the healthy smiles they deserve. Our team will always take the time to review the treatment and processes planned so you will know just what to expect. From the minute you arrive, we strive to provide a relaxing environment with warm blankets, noise-cancelling headphones, streaming movies on the ceiling and warm lavender towels so that you can relax.
4 Levels of Sedation
1. Nitrous Oxide offers a pleasant feeling with reduced anxiety and pain perception. It works quickly and leaves the body quickly so you can drive yourself to and from your appointment.
2. Oral Sedation allows a greater level of relaxation following administration of an oral pill (usually Halcion or Triazolam). Patients who use oral sedation are awake, but relaxed throughout their appointment. For patients who toss and turn the night before an appointment, a prescription can be given to take at bedtime the night before their visit so that they can come to their appointment well rested. The patient must have a driver.
3. Oral Sedation with Nitrous Oxide allows a deeper level of relaxation than either by itself. The two medications work synergistically to allow even very nervous patients to relax throughout their appointment. The patient must have a driver.
4. IV Sedation is offered for patients wishing to wake up with their dentistry completed. Patients undergoing IV sedation are treated and monitored by a Certified Nurse Anesthetist throughout their treatment. This ensures that the Nurse Anesthetist focuses on monitoring this deeper level of sedation while Dr. Semerad focuses on providing the most expert dental care possible. The patient must have a driver and the patient may not have any recollection of the appointment.
OUR CONVENIENT LOCATION
3808 South 203rd Plaza, #600
Omaha, NE 68130
Phone: (402) 397-6453
Monday: 7:30am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 7:30am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 7:30am - 5:00pm
Thursday: By Appointment
Friday: 7:30am - 1:00pm
We strive to see patients experiencing a dental emergency the day that they call.
We even offer a 24/7 Call Service so you can call anytime: (402) 397-6453.
Come see how our attention to detail and focus on patient comfort makes us different. At Legacy Dental we strive to exceed expectations and improve the lives of our patients.
(402) 397-6453 | © Legacy Dental | 2019